CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

no one tells me

how do i find out my Uncle Charlie died,
from finding a newspaper clipping
mailed to our house from my grandpa in Ohio.

i met him once, that i can remember.
my dad and i ate lunch with him.
he wore his white guayabera
and was a very clean man.
on the ride home my dad told me he was gay.
i didn't mind,
it was nice having lunch with an uncle i'd never met.

apparently he was going through some bad spells.
he died from what the newspaper said was
"a lengthy illness."
that's all i'll know.
i don't know whether he ever sought after Christ
or found Him to be his Savior.
and now i'm back to being a 11 year old boy.
helpless and heart-broken.
over an uncle i met just once,
but now i can never meet him again.

what do i do now?
i'm speechless and emotionless.
today has to get better.
i regret not having spoke to him,
is it my fault?

mercy Lord,
we need Your mercy and grace.

.pray.

-Lnk-

0 comments: