CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

surprise

most everyone lets me down sometime or another,
but every night You always surprise.
the sky never changes,
but its still perfect.
the moon was in new york before i was,
and was shining on my house before i crossed the state line.

You are more beautiful and difficult to understand than anyone.
if i ever forget that, all i have to do is step outside.
i love it.
its the chase.
like when you find that girl you like,
you chase her.
not in the stalker way.
you just make sure you sit next to her.
you find out what she likes,
you make yourself available if she needs to talk.
thats what it is.

its that chasing of You that keeps me joyful.
~~~~~~~

i saw the other end of what i am tonight.
i saw death.
but it wasn't as awful sounding as the word itself paints.
it was simply put,
soft.
the light blue casket,
my friend singing through her tears,
the silver cross in the casket,
the family hugging and holding.
it was surreal and i wish i could've told them how much it meant to me.
this was my turn to play for my grandma.
i never got the chance to.

but it was peaceful.
it reminded me how mysterious death is.
there was a quiet women in a silky, ornate casket.
she could've gotten up and joined in the songs and i wouldn't have been shocked.
personally, i was waiting for her to do that.
just stand up and ask why everyone was crying.

your body doesn't look to dead when your gone.
but you can sense that that person will never again speak.
your eyes say they are a person,
but your mind sees the absence in their eyes.

what i told jessie ann was true and will most likely always be.
i love old spanish people.
they are cute and look so happy to be alive.
despite the fact that they are losing loved ones.
they speak so cautiously,
or they don't speak.
they can say more with a touch of their head, chest and arms.

i'm surprised by You and by death.

the both are beautiful and confusing.

. I was hoping you would be waiting there for me lately
I was hoping you'd be waiting for me
I was hoping you'd be waiting there for me lately
I was hoping you would be waiting there for me
I was hoping you would be waiting there for me lately
but you're not the kind who would be waiting, not for anybody
you're not the kind who would be waiting not for anybody not even me.

-Lnk-

0 comments: