CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

no title

eating rice out of a bowl,
in front of a computer screen
that's not giving but taking away my soul.
or am i
a willing participant
in this messed barter system called life.

and what You've fought so hard for,
i'll give it away on a whim.
give it away to the wind.

it could all fall apart tonight
and i'd know it was coming.
i could close my eyes
but there's still my voice saying it's all your fault
you stupid kid.
that's me

and i have no one to blame but myself,
i'm the face in the mirror
saying that i'm better than anyone else.
but it's just me,
this rice in a bowl.
a frustrated heart
with a gaping hole

and i've followed all that i've been told
till i now,
now i just want to know.
who i am,
so i can live.
lord let me know,
so i can live

.iwasandstillameatingtherice.

-Lnk-

0 comments: