CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

time was

time was fun and we enjoyed what we had.
we didn't know what we had was so great and took it for granted.
looking back at photos now i realize that we've all gone different places,
some are married, some moved and some are still around.

i miss the late nights just talking and writing music.
whenever one of us was bored we could count on the other entertaining us.
whether we needed help moving, or needed someone to listen
we were always there.

i was very quiet and never really spoke but always observed.
and you may never know how much you meant to me.
you all shaped me and made me who i am.
more than any class, more than any amount of knowledge,
more than anything,
you all made me who i am today.

and there was one.
after everyone my age started life,
i stayed back and tried to find mine.
everything was on cruise and seemed just fine.
then the wave hit and washed away all my "friends"
and there was one.
one kid who apart from everyone stood up for me
when i had no voice.
he caught a lot of flack for it
but was standing up for me.
he was there the night after and just listened.
we just sat on the beach and spoke.
good friends are hard to come by
but best friends are found in the storm.

now i'm so far away from where i thought i'd be.
i've done so much and lived through so many hours.
i'm very thankful for all that God has allowed me to be a part of.
i'm very lucky to have seen so many kids lives changed,
to meet people in places where i never thought i'd go.
make friends in states that i thought where extremely boring.

i'm in love with the greatest girl ever.
my friends and i have way too much fun on a cell phone. (IB's)
and i have a God who despite my failings and faults,
loves me more than i could ever know.
~~~~~~~~~~~

i saw my past run through my mind
and despite it all,
i smiled.

.hallelujah.

-Lnk-

0 comments: