CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

nickel creek

he was an old man
i was a rock at the bottom he was never supposed to view.
but he crashed down
how the winds of change are still true.

i could see in his face the worry of his descent,
i assured him it wasn't too bad besides being bleak.
he tried to talk but water filled his lungs
i said the trick is to live on the water and air never seek.

his veins were visible in his eyes,
his skinned matched the depth of the blue.
no longer would he see the sky
his hands split and legs broke too.

he was dying in front of my eyes
the pressure of living can be harsh.
but i've been here 20 years
and don't plan of being nice now.

his body shivered and quaked
and lungs collapsed, one then two.
i laughed, this happens to all
i said "die and except your truth.

the reason i was already down here
i found the truth
and that is that nothing is true.
only that the ground exists
and you are dead."

as his left hand popped one last time
a white paper fluttered out.
it danced around his seizing body
and its red letters spelled "COME OUT!!!"

it was my loved one's script
she saw me dive to this depth.
she sent him as a messenger
and i let him go.

his eyes looked wide
he mouthed "sorry."
i whispered
"i am."

his body floated back up
and i saw my last chance leaving.
i struggled, wiggled and danced.
i was free.
i pushed as hard as rock could.

i landed on his back.
we floated to the top.
the snakes picked at him as we surfaced
and the sea was as calm as the sand.

there she was,
smiling.
i saw her for the first time in 20
and knew i was wrong.

she picked me up
and his body floated away.
she kissed my hard shell
and covered me in a blanket.

whatever i thought down there didn't matter.
she was here with me.
why would she love me?
why did he die?

he was my saving grace
to bring me to her.

i was a rock at the bottom
and i was saved.
and brought back to my love.

-Lnk-

0 comments: