CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

do you love me still

you can give me a dollar, you can spare me some change
or you can lock your doors and look the other way;
you can leave me under skies so blue
but all i want is you

in the quiet underneath the bridge
we can talk about memories and how life has been;
but under this concrete so dark and grey
i just want to know does anyone still love me anyway

i'll push two carts both at once
one for my baby and the food she needs;
please don't look at us in disgust
i get that enough from her father who beats me
just lift up my sleeves and you'll see

but i just want to know if love is still alive
and if it is could you share some with me;
please sir or mam don't pass me by
cause we are not to different you and me

i wouldn't mind if you turned around
just gave me a passing glance;
see i sit behind you in the 4th row
and i'd really like a friend

you think i could come over (if its okay with you)
and see how a family works so fine;
you see my parents passed awhile ago
and i don't have one to call mine
i live in a house with more kids than flies

but i just want to know if love is still alive
and if it is could you share some with me;
please sir or mam don't pass me by
cause we are not to different you and me, we just want to be

and you wear that Jesus fish on your car, didn't your God
love the down and out and abused
where is that love He showed
do you have any inside of you.

.....this song is for me as much as it is for anyone else.....

-Lnk-

0 comments: