CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

thelonious and i

thelonious monk: insane jazz pianist
got one of his cd's. very purty stuff. very out of the box. awkward chord structures.
so driving down the road, and sipping my starbux and jamming to mewithoutYou. saw a guy selling some flowers on the corner and got a crazy idea. more on that tomorrow. hung out with my boi's tonight and that was exactly what i needed. today was the worst day so far. i miss her and everything i saw reminded me of her. it really stunk. like alot. i never realized how big a part of my life she is. when she is gone, a part of me does not exist. worked this morning and it wasn't too bad. have to go back in 6 1/2 hours. jamba opens at 6, so i gots to be there @ 5:30. not too bad if you like getting out of work at 1. i feel real guilty. when she called me today it pained me to even pick up the phone. it pains me to hear her voice cause i get so sad in realizing she is gone. i'm jealous of her movement while i'm down here standing still. she is progressive and i'm stagnant, at least thats how it feels. tomorrow night should prove to be fruitful. hanging out with my drummer and guitarist and i'm looking forward to cracking open La Biblia. and now work thursday or friday. yea yea yea yea....listening to Monk's Mood, piano saxophone duet: monk and coltrane. ever so smooth.......

how can i be
when we can't be together
i'm not too terribly interesting
i'm not getting on a bus to go anywhere
if this distance has taught me anything
its that i'm not too interesting
your days seep out color and life
mine are just containers of time


hand out a flower
hand out a smile
tell someone they are loved
tell them cause they are worth your while

well i think that's all i gots. hahaha -i'm so lame-

0 comments: